is pleased to announce our 47th. Reunion is now a reality!
Make plans now to set aside October 17, 2004 for a very special celebration. Excitement is increasing about getting together. Some of us have not been in touch for 47 years. Others have maintained old friendships. Curiosity about what has happened to members of our class is running high.
All Reunions have a Booklet and we are no different. We want our Commemorative Booklet to be special and we need your help with that. There is no Yearbook Committee to write blurbs, so we need you to write about you, sharing what directions your life took after you left Germantown High. This is not a term paper assignment. Think of it as a letter to a long lost friend recently found. We thank those who have already responded.
The Booklet is a very public way of communicationg with each other. It will provide contact
information (pictures, address, phone number, etc.) and allow all of us, including those who
are unable to attend, a means of "catching-up" with our classmates. There are two separate
topics that we would like you to write about.
MEMORIES OF GHS
We realize that the years at GHS were different for everyone We would appreciate it, if you would write something specifically about the time you spent at GHS. Here are some suggestions that might help:
* Tell how you feel or felt about your time at GHS.
* Are there other students you especially remember or who made a difference for you?
* Are there teachers / staff that you especially remember or made a difference?
* Are there teachers / staff whom you really disliked?
* Are there activities that were especially important to you? (sports, music, societies, etc.)
* What is your happiest / unhappiest memory?
* What images are called up when you think of gym class, lockers, etc.?
LIFE AFTER GHS
There is a great deal of interest in what we have done over the last 47 years. This can be described in several ways:
* A formal desciption with categories - as if you were applying for a job and telling about your education and former jobs - but adding other details of your life like marriage(s), children, grandchildren, hobbies, etc.
* Or, you could be more informal, mention some of the above categories, but focus more on telling who you are and what your life has been like - as though it were a letter to old friends.
We would like your permission to post what you write on the web site. If you do not want what you wrote or your current photo posted, please state clearly. If you don't want your information posted on our Web Site, they will only appear in the booklet. The pieces can be as long or short as you wish. Please note that the committee reserves the right to edit.
MEMORIES OF OUR TEACHERS
For some of us, members of the faculty made a significant impact on our lives. We plan to have a special table set aside for memories of the faculty - and we will include a section in the Booklet. If there is someone you especially want to recognize, please write something.
Please Return As Soon As You Can, But No Later Than July 1st.
FOR THOSE WITH EMAIL, SEND TO: LOIS ADDISON
Include Photos that can be sent in a digital format, Memories of GHS, Life after GHS and Faculty Memories if the can be sent as email or an email attachment.
FOR THOSE WITH NO EMAIL CAPABILITY or NON DIGITAL PHOTOS,
Mail Your Memories of GHS, Life after GHS and Faculty Memories pieces, typed if possible and Regular Photos (around "57", if not in year book) and a current photo. These must be on regular photo paper, not Xerox copies.
Thank you for responding and for your help in making this reunion a success. If you need assistance, email me at the above address or call me at 613.832.4202.
Lois Addison (and all the other members of the Reunion Committee)
WE HAVE MANAGED TO LOCATE MORE THAN 150 OF OUR CLASSMATES. WE NEED YOUR HELP IN LOCATING MORE. IF YOU KNOW OF CLASSMATES WHO HAVE NOT BEEN CONTACTED BY US, PLEASE HELP US FIND THEM. IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT LOIS OR SANDI - OR LINDA KOSMIN at: adniL301@earthlink.net
or 32 Bodine Road, Berwyn, PA. 19312,or
Business Card: $ 25.00 --- Full Page: $175.00
Please mail your advertisement copy or business card and check, payable to GHS Class of June, 1957 to:
Ads must be received on / before July 1, 2004
This Page Updated 05/4/04 gwf